With all the different kinds of foods that we consume, at times you just feel that your tummy needs a break. You feel you need more veggies, less oil, fewer carbs, in all just a healthy meal. But, the problem that people like me face is that we also need something that tastes scrumptious and good along with all the health benefits.
Specially, if you have children as demanding as mine, you basically fight a battle. When the demand is to make veggies look more appealing and to make their protein go leaner without them noticing. That’s when dishes like this are invented.
Eating Green or eating more greens is always good and if you manage to make recipes that makes your kids consume more greens. This Chicken cooked with Broccoli is one such recipe. I serve it with boiled white Rice, but you can always serve it with Brown Rice, Quinoa or even Barley.
I like to mix and match veggies and I feel Broccoli, onions go really well with Chicken. Add little Olive oil to a pan, followed by chopped Garlic. Once the garlic changes color, add the boneless pieces of Chicken followed by chopped onions. Further season with Red chili flakes, Black pepper powder, Garlic powder, Onion powder, salt, cumin powder and paprika. Once the Chicken is cooked, add the chopped Broccoli and stir fry for 5-7 minutes and its ready to serve. Serve with cucumbers and Avocado on the side and boiled Rice. You can always choose to serve it with any other grain of your choice.
My purpose for introducing these meals on my website is to just make more people aware of the fact that eating healthy does not mean eating tasteless. You can always incorporate more vegetables in your diet with excellent flavors. I hope you enjoy this quick meal which is not only nutritious but also filling and delcious.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Chicken [ Boneless] cut to small pieces
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 cup Onion Roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tbsp Red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp Green hot sauce optional
- 1/2 cup scallions chopped
- My kids love the spicy stir fry with some cucumbers, Avocado and chick peas. You can always mix and match with your choice of veggies.
- Apple slices add a little fruit and sweetness to your plate.
- Add oil to a pan and add Garlic.
- Add Chicken and saute for 1 minute.
- Add onions and cook it with the chicken. Add little salt as well.
- Cook till the chicken changes color and the onions also turn light brown.
- Add Red chili flakes, cumin powder, garlic powder and Onion powder. Cook well
- Add the chopped broccoli and stir fry mixing it well with the chicken and spices.
- Add hot sauce and scallions and mix well.
- Turn off the heat.
- Serve it with some plain boiled rice and and any more veggies that make your plate look appetizing and healthy.